Friday, December 12, 2008

I've been remiss in posting...

but the Internet has me, and some co-workers mystified.

Today I submit to you not an article, but an email I received at my desk this morning. The problem must have fixed itself by now, but I'm more concerned about the intent with which the message was sent.


HCC Community,
Please be advised that the College Internet is down. The ISP is working to correct this problem. We will update as progress is made. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.


Sincerely,

Chet Singleton

I'm sure by now you have figured out why this is ridiculous. The message went out via email.

Which uses the Internet.

I wish I could say this was the only occurrence of this I had seen, but it's not. When having Internet connectivity issues in my previous office, the tech was mystified that I had not called him to tell him where my office was, despite, his having emailed me.

So here's to cruising the information superhighway in the breakdown lane, and HOORAY FLORIDA!

(Real update soon, I promise!)

No comments: